Recently I have been drawn to clean, classic, monochromatic fabrics. My latest make is the fabulous Eva Dress by Eliza M. I picked up this honeycomb Ponte Roma, on a particularly cold day. It is the perfect combination of sophisticated and cosy.
The pattern is really very simple to cut out and put together. However, I couldn’t find any finished garment measurements and the dress ended up 14 cms too wide! This didn’t end up being too disastrous as I could just take the sides in 3.5 cm to each side seam.
I had another slight mishap when attempting to press the darts to one side. the iron was set that bit too hot and I melted the fabric. thankfully it was on the back and it was patched easily enough with a bit of iron on interfacing.
The top is self-lined and comes together neatly. I used a plain black jersey for lining and top-stitched around the neck and arm holes to keep it in place.
My zip didn’t quite go to plan, I managed to stretch out the jersey whilst inserting the zip. I’m happy enough with it but may well have a go at fixing it in the future.
There we have it a sexy little black dress for the winter months. I’m not normally a fan of the tight clothes but I have to say I feel absolutely amazing in this. Just add a touch of red lipstick and I’m set for a night out.